TB Association: 1947-68
In the 1940s….
Servicemen returning from World War II and the beginnings of post war immigration saw a rise in the number of TB patients treated at Wooroloo Sanatorium. A sheltered workshop was set up at Wooroloo to aid patient rehabilitation and the voluntary Tuberculosis Association of Western Australia was formed. <Read more...>
In the 1950s….
The TB Association of Western Australia expanded its activities by acquiring the old Federal Cardboard Box Company factory in 1950 in Wellington Street Perth to provide more sheltered workshop accommodation for TB patients. This was later followed by a move to Stone Street premises in 1957. <Read more...>
In the 1960s….
Drug treatment for control of Tuberculosis in WA was well established and due to the declining number of rehabilitees the sheltered workshop facilities were made available to other non-TB patients. <Read more...>