Prospective applicants and interested individuals are welcome to organise a visit to our factories. These visits are informal and provide information about our services and employment conditions. We encourage people to make personal decisions about their employment options.
Following the return of an employment application an interview is conducted for further discussion about the applicant’s work goals and related matters. If the applicant meets Westcare’s Entry Policy, he or she might be able to start work.
An Employment Application are managed through our Business Divisions. For Westcare Print contact our Nedlands General Manager on 6389 4164, for Westcare Box, Foodpak and Safety contact our Bassendean General Manager on 9376 7100.
- The applicant should be eligible for Commonwealth funded specialist employment services.
- Jobseekers must be able to meet the inherent requirements of the commercial contracts Westcare undertakes with reasonable adjustment.
- Jobseekers must be able to independently toilet and feed themselves.
- The applicant must be punctual and regular in attendance.
- The applicant will be responsible for own transport to and from work.
- The applicant is expected to provide relevant information that may help to develop an ongoing employment management plan to meet personal employment needs. This information is confidential.
- The applicant should be motivated to work in a supportive employment environment and, for employees who desire, a view to becoming successful in obtaining employment in the general labour market.
- The applicant (with advocate when needed) will have an interview following submission of an application form. Applicants accepted for a Work Trial will be assessed as to their suitability for performing the manufacturing and related tasks available at Westcare Industries.
- The applicant should be willing to participate in training programs to develop on-the-job skills.
- The applicant should be capable of working with a minimum of supervision under supported employment conditions.